It's all been kicking off these past few days. Not only did we celebrate our 1st birthday party this week, but this momentous occasion has very handily coincided with quite another big milestone - we've just reached 30,000 FOLLOWERS ON THE LONDON CHEAP EATS INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT 🎉 Which can only mean one thing: another cause for celebration.
This achievement is completely and entirely thanks to you awesome lot. So THANK YOU. And to show just how grateful we are for all your support, we've teamed up with the awesome people behind London's street food mega-market, Hawker House in Canada Water, to bring you a seriously sweet competition.
These guys are offering one lucky London Cheap Eats reader the chance to win a very tidy £50 to spend on both food and drink, from any of their 12 sensational street food traders, and 8 brilliant bars. You'll get £30 to splurge on food and £20 to blow on booze. And you'll both get free entry all night!
Maybe you'll fancy some beautiful British sourdough pizzas from Born & Raised, paired with a top glass of vino from Street Vin. Or perhaps some fluffy steamed buns stuffed with all manner of goodies from Yum Bun, alongside one of the 40-strong American beers from American Craft. You might then want to finish off with an ice cream brownie sandwich from dairy daredevils Chin Chin Labs, with a cheeky whisky shot chaser from the Whisky Bar.
Bring a mate, soak up those good vibes, and that works out as a pretty top night to us.
11/2/2017 - Winner Update
CONGRATULATIONS to @floras_kitchen_stories, who entered via Instagram.
How to Enter
1) Twitter - you must do all of the following
- Follow both the @StreetFeastLDN and @LDNCheapEats Twitter accounts
- RT the competition tweet (pinned to the top of our Twitter page)
2) Instagram - you must do all of the following
- Follow both the @streetfeastldn and @LDNCheapEats Instagram accounts
- Like the competition post
- Tag the friend(s) you would like to take in a comment under the post
3) Facebook - you must do all of the following
- Like both the /streetfeastlondon and /ldncheapeats Facebook pages
- Like the competition post (pinned to the top of our Facebook page)
- Comment under the post and tag the friend(s) you would like to take
- Share the competition post
Closing date: 11pm on Friday 10th February
You can enter across all channels, but only once for each. GOOD LUCK!
- There is one prize available, worth £50 in total.
- The winner will be provided with 30 'Street Feast dollars' that can be used for any of the food traders, and a 'Lobster card' with £20 on it to spend at any of the bars.
- Hawker House is open every Friday and Saturday from 5pm until late, so the prize can be redeemed any time during these hours.
- The winner and their plus one will be granted free entry to the site on the evening of their choosing.
- You must be over 18 years old to enter.
- Any expenditure beyond the £30 on food and £20 on drink will need to be settled separately by the winner.
- One winner will be selected from across the three social media channels available to enter on: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. The winner will be selected at random from all entries received, and the decision is final.
- The winner will be notified within 7 days of the closing date.
- If the winner does not respond to the notification within 7 days, the prize will be passed on to someone else.
- The winner will be put in touch with Hawker House, in order to share the date and time they and their plus one wish to visit, so an area for two can be reserved.
- The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
- Entries submitted after the closing date and time will not be entered into the draw.
- Participants may enter across all three channels, but may only enter once via each channel.
- Participants who enter more than once on one channel will be removed from the draw entirely.