1. Tell us briefly what your business is about
My business is really just about me doing something I love that I started to keep me sane after losing my leg in 2005.
2. Tell us a bit about your background - where you've worked in the past and why you're doing this now.
I trained as a butcher since I was 12 and have always loved meat - cutting it, cooking it, and eating it.
3. If you were out for an evening in London, where would we most likely find you?
If you found me out in London, I'd be somewhere like Zelman Meats in Soho - AMAZING meat and fantastic staff.
4. Where did you get the inspiration for your food / menu?
The inspiration for my food came from my customers. I started out at farmers markets selling baby back ribs for people to take home and cook. Then I started cooking samples on a disposable BBQ, but people wanted to eat them straight away. And so, The Rib Man was born.
5. Tell us an interesting fact about you that not many know.
An interesting fact about me that not many people know? I died two times after the car accident, apparently. I don’t remember seeing any white lights or anything.
6. What's the most popular item on your menu?
The rib meat rolls are the most popular thing I do. On Brick Lane on a Sunday, it must be the most photographed sandwich in London.
7. What do you eat when you're off work and at home?
When I’m not working, I eat whatever my wife Carolina cooks, as long as I can put Holy Fuck on it - every single meal (Ed - Mark bottles and sells his hot sauces, Holy Fuck is one of them).
8. What's next for your business?
Next up for my business is to move with West Ham to the Olympic Park, and also wholesale my sauces and ribs.
9. Which three people, dead or alive, would you invite to dinner?
Bobby Moore to talk football, Richard Branson to talk business, and David Cameron to talk shit. Not really - I wouldn't even serve him on my stall.
10.What’s your favourite London cheap eat?
Liked this? Then you'll probably enjoy our previous interviews too:
10 QUESTIONS WITH: proprietor of Flour to the People!, Adam Demosthenous
10 QUESTIONS WITH: founders of Arancini Brothers, Big Dave and Little Dave
10 QUESTIONS WITH: founder of Pilpel and Badolina, Uri Dinay
10 QUESTIONS WITH: founder of Street Kitchen, Mark Jankel
10 QUESTIONS WITH: founder of Monty's Deli, Mark Ogus
10 QUESTIONS WITH: owner of Park Road Kitchen, Sam Mousawi
10 QUESTIONS WITH: founder of The Bell & Brisket, Bel Shapiro